Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Paternal post-partum bluish tinted days

I'm feeling a bit blue these days as I go back to work and away from the familial cocoon. I do like work; and I know I'll get over this in a few days. I just really enjoyed the two weeks of family time.

I spent an hour with Josie after work today and she was alert the entire time. Even changing her diaper wasn't too hard (she often complains a ton during changes). The doctor this morning said she's going to start getting fussy around two weeks -- haven't seen that yet, which is nice. She's doing great and I dispute everyone's notions that she's not doing anything at this age -- she's learning and fascinated by everything, from the way her own arms move to the shadows and lights on the wall.

She also looked really cute today.




4 comments:

sheryl said...

great that she is doing well and willing to stay awake for some time with daddy... is good that you miss the at home time. makes it more precious so you'll appreciate that time and save those beautiful memories.

lornadoone1972 said...

Fabulous booties dahling!

Heidi said...

I love that first pic of Mel and Josie.

Noël said...

loving the pics...many congrats on the gorgeous babe!